A chemical peel is a cosmetic procedure used to peel away damaged outer layer of the skin. It is a least invasive way to improve skin's appearance and it can be done on face, neck and hands.
A chemical peel is an outpatient procedure (no need of overnight stay). In this procedure the doctor first clean the skin thoroughly, then the doctor will apply one or more chemical solutions to small areas of the skin. This will create a blister on the skin and eventually peel off. During this procedure the most people will feel burning sensation that lasts about 5-10 minutes.
Ideal Candidates for Chemical Peel
Any person with the following skin problems are ideal for a chemical peel:
- Acne scars
- Aging skin
- Crow's feet
- Hyper pigmentation
- Sun damaged skin
- Sagging skin
There are three types of chemical Peels
- Light Chemical Peel: In this procedure just the outer layer (epidermis) of the skin is removed in a light exfoliation which results in a healthier glow. In Light Chemical Peel the doctor uses combination of alphahydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acids . All of these chemicals are the mildest choices.
- Medium Chemical Peel: In this procedure the chemical used will remove the outer layer and upper part of the middle layer of the skin called dermis.
- Deep Chemical Peel: In this procedure the doctor uses the strongest chemical called phenol to penetrate down to the lower layer of the skin. For this type of peel a sedative is used to manage the discomfort.
Advantages of Chemical Peel
- A chemical peel results in the following advantages:
- Improves skin appearance
- Removes damaged outer layer
- Reduces wrinkles, fine lines and freckles
- Smooth texture of the skin
A chemical peel is a very safe procedure, if it is performed by a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon. Dr. Anoop G Mohan is an eminent Plastic Surgeon trained in Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery and Hair Transplantation who offers many cosmetic surgeries and treatment at his TLC Clinique, with centres at Trivandrum and Kollam.
Visit Us : tlcclinique.com
Mail Us : email@example.com